Master Shepherd's Course (Professional Development)
Master Shepherd’s Course
Registration is now open!
The Master Shepherd's Course consists of 12 2-day modules including: Business Planning; Flock productivity and reproduction; Ewe flock nutrition; Industry dynamics and governance; Genetics; Infrastructure and feeding systems; Effective flock health management; Lambing and lamb rearing; Predation and pasture management; Lamb feedlots and dairy; and Marketing and wool.
More details on key topic areas can be found by clicking on the course schedule by clicking here
Module Format: Day One – classroom; Day Two – classroom and farm/industry tours. Online meeting format will be explored for the initial modules if in-person meetings are restricted due to Covid-19.
Time period: September 2020 through January 2022
Location: individual modules will be situated to accommodate course participants, speakers, and best fit for the farm/ industry tour component of the module.
- entire course $3350
- individual modules $ 375
Who should apply?
- existing sheep farmers who desire to improve the management, productivity and profitability of their flocks.
- Apply early as “full-course” spaces will be limited.
Testimonials from Master Shepherd’s alumni
- “The farm tours brought the lecture and information to life. You also got to see hacks that you wouldn’t necessarily find in a book or on a website.” Caitlin Harvey
- “I gained great connections by taking the course and learned a lot in the process. I still find myself referring back to one of the manuals when I’m searching for a specific piece of information.” Shanna Armstrong
- “If you are sheep farming on a full-time basis, the course will pay for itself in no time.” Jeff DeJong
- The registration application in fillable PDF can be found by clicking here
- application for “full course” participation must be received by August 1st, 2020
- applications for individual modules (limited spaces per module) will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis throughout the duration of the course.
For questions please contact the OSF office at 1-519-836-0043 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org