2019 Ontario Sheep Convention
The 2019 Ontario Sheep Convention will be held on October 24th and 25, 2019 at the Nottawasaga Inn Resort in Alliston, Ontario.
The focus of this year’s event will focus on Effective Flock Nutrition.
The Ontario Sheep Convention is Ontario’s largest sheep focused event, attracting over 200 sheep farmers, government, industry, and agricultural business representatives from across the province. The two-day event includes an education workshop, a research poster display competition, the Ontario Lamb Banquet, the Ontario Sheep Farmers annual meeting, and an industry trade show.
Draft Agenda Click Here
Thursday, Oct 24th Program Highlights:
- Keynote speaker: Dan Morrical, Retired Sheep Specialist, Iowa State University – Flock Nutrition tune-up tips
- Producer panel: Costs, Profit and labour savings of my feeding system
- Concurrent Sessions: Nutrition Basics, Alternative Grazing, Housing, and Body Condition Scoring
- Large Flock Operators (LFO) meeting (for members)
- Canadian Sheep Breeders Association Ontario members meeting
- and more...
- Thursday evening: Ontario Lamb Banquet
Friday, October 25th Program Highlights:
- Ontario Sheep Farmers Annual General Meeting
- Presentation: Clean, green and ethical sheep production – Market opportunity and social responsibility
- OSF Board Q&A Session
- and more….
The Convention will also have an industry trade show taking place both Thursday and Friday, featuring businesses and suppliers to the Canadian/Ontario sheep industry.
- Online via Eventbrite by clicking here
- To download the fillable PDF registration click here
OSF has secured a special guest room rate of $159 + HST per night. Reservations can be made by calling the Group Booking Department at 705.435.5501 and mentioning Ontario Sheep Farmers. A group of rooms has been set aside until September 16, 2019, and after that rooms will depend on availability.
Remember to book early!
List or Hotels nearby click here
List of Air B&Bs nearby click here
Looking to be a sponsor or exhibitor?
There are several ways your business or organization can be involved in this year’s event.
For the complete sponsorship/exhibitor package click here
For sponsorship/exhibitor registration form click here
2019 Ontario Sheep Convention/AGM Sponsors
With thanks to the following businesses and organizations who have already come on board to support the 2019 Ontario Sheep Convention through their generous sponsorship.
White Valley Meats
Mapleview Agri Ltd.
Wallenstein’s Feed & Supply Ltd., along with their dealers B&L and Sunderland and Walter Falls Milling
Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA)
Floradale Feed Mill Ltd.
Trouw Nutrition / Shur Gain
Farm Credit Canada
Jones Feed Mill
Metzger Veterinary Services Professional Corporation
If you would like to join this list of businesses and organizations or more information about sponsorship opportunities, contact the Ontario Sheep office at (519) 836- 0043