Here is a list of valuable resources to help farmers keep their families and farms healthy and safe.
New Resources have been developed and are now available!
Biosecurity and Covid-19
- Covid-19 Biosecurity with Farm Visitors Video click here
- A Guide For Safe Visitor Interaction On-Farm click here
This guide offers farmers best practice recommendations for safely interacting with visitors and farm workers on your farm, including pre-screen recommendations, health and safety protocols and a list of additional resources for more information.
Download, print and post this page in your barn as a reminder to all farm visitors to practice Covid-19 health and safety protocols.
Download this printable form for visitors to fill out 24-72 hours before visiting your farm. Keep these signed documents for farm visitor and biosecurity records.
Download, print and post this sign on a barn door or near the entrance to your farm to remind visitors to self-screen for health symptoms.
*For additional Biosecurity Resources visit the Biosecurity Resource page by clicking here
COVID-19 Information and Resources
What To Do If Someone Working on Your Farm Tests Positive for COVID-19 Click here
For up-to-date, local information, contact the public health unit in your community. Find more information about the current outbreak at:
Ontario Sheep Farmers provides market reporting information for Ontario sheep farmers and industry stakeholders. Reports are provided on a weekly basis. For additional information click here
Online Toolkit For Farm Operators who employ workers, including temporary foreign workers. The toolkit is part of Ontario’s plan to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 on farms and throughout the community which includes ongoing and expanded on-site testing, access to employment benefits and supports, and new public health guidance.
Financial Support and Programs for Producers
OFA summary of government financial assistance for Ontario farm businesses click here
Look after your health and wellness. It's one of the best investments you can make for the future of your farm. There are several resources that can be found here to support mental wellness.
OMAFRA Sheep Resource Landing Page
Making decisions right now can be challenging and OMAFRA has created a landing page to assist sheep producers in finding technical information. Here are some resources that may be useful in making an informed decision click here to review this resource page on the OMAFRA site.
Previous OSF COVID-19 Communications
As of July 10th, 2020 the Covid-19 communications were incorporated into The Messenger. To view, previous issues of The Messenger click here
- The Messenger - July 10th, 2020
- The Messenger - July 3rd, 2020
- The Messenger - June 26th, 2020
- The Messenger - June 19th, 2020
- The Messenger - June 11th, 2020
- The Messenger - June 5th, 2020
- The Messenger - May 29th, 2020
- The Messenger - May 15th, 2020
- The Messenger - May 15th, 2020
- The Messenger - May 7th, 2020
- The Messenger - April 30th, 2020
- The Messenger - April 24th, 2020
- COVID-19 Producer Update - April 17th, 2020
- Employee Movement Exemption Template Letter
- The Messenger - April 9th, 2020
- COVID-19 Producer Update - April 2nd, 2020
- On-Farm Service Providers Update - March 26th, 2020
- Notice to Producers - Market Update - March 25th, 2020
- On-Farm Service Providers Update - March 24th, 2020
- The Messenger - March 24th, 2020
- COVID-19 Producer Update - March 13th, 2020
- COVID-19 Producer Update - March 19th, 2020