Saturday, July 29, 2017
9:30am to 3:00pm
RSVP to Linda Huizenga by July 22 to ensure enough food can be provided.
9:30am Arrive at Brad and Karen Davis' (1104 Kidd Rd N, Lansdowne)
Coffee and muffins
10:00am Tour of farm
- Pasture based flock of Border Cheviot
- has grown from 600 in 2012 to 800 in 2017 with plans to grow to 1,000
- marketing light weight lambs through stockyards
- 400 acres of hard fenced pasture with 175 rented for hay
11:30am Depart for second farm
12:30pm (approx) Arrive at Phil and Melissa Botden's (173 Botden Rd, Enterprise)
1:00pm Lunch provided by District 8
1:30pm Tour of farm
- confinement based flock of 400 Rideau and Rideau X with dry ewes on pasture
- lambing all year round on accelerated program
- feed with TMR to control diet
3:00pm Depart for home
Bring lawn chairs for lunch.
Please RSVP before July 22 to Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org so enough food can be provided.