2016 Photo Contest
Enter OSMA’s photo contest for your chance to win a grand prize of $250, two top prizes of $100 each or a crowd favorite prize of $100!
Flock Shots - show off the best shots of your flock - working, resting, eating, whatever they might be doing! Flock shots must show at least 20 sheep.
The Faces of Ontario Sheep Farmers - we want to see who's running the show! Photos must show a producers(s) and their sheep.
Crowd Favourite - All sheep photos that don't quite fit a category; AGM attendees will have the chance to vote for their favourite!
**All photos must be submitted in a hi-res format (at least 200 dpi)**
NEW Deadline: Friday, October 7th, 2016
The Ontario Sheep Marketing Agency had two awards to recognize oustanding sheep producers. If you would like to nominate someone for an award, simply choose from the options below.
Outstanding Shepherd Award
This award recognizes significant contributions to the advancement of the Ontario Sheep Industry. It is presented to an Ontario Shepherd who exemplifies the values of leadership and responsible sheep husbandry.
Outstanding Shepherd Award Application Form
NEW Deadline: October 3, 2016
Long Service Award
This award recognizes significant contributions to the advancement of the Ontario Sheep Industry over many years of service. It is given in acknowledgement and appreciation of long standing contribution to the Ontario Sheep Industry. Recipients of this award have demonstrated outstanding dedication, leadership and innovative spirit.
Long Service Award Application Form
NEW Deadline: October 3, 2016
Mapleseed Pasture Award
The Mapleseed Pasture Award recognizes individual producers who are doing an outstanding job of pasture management. Please click here
to read more.
OSMA Undergraduate Scholarship
Value of the Award: $500
Application Due: Friday, September 2nd, 2016
Winning Selection will be notified on or before Friday, September 16th, 2013
Applicants must be either a registered sheep producer or have a Parent/Guardian registered as an OSMA producer as of April 30th 2016 or belong to a 4-H Sheep Club. Applicants must be attending their 1st or 2nd year of a university, college or apprenticeship program in the fall of 2016 (not limited to agriculture). Applicants must be 21 years of age or younger.
Please submit only one of the following:
1. Currently lamb is not widely promoted to the consumer. If you were in charge of marketing, how would you market lamb?
2. If you were going to produce sheep, what management style (ie pasture, confinement, mixed etc.) would you choose and why?
3. Give a detailed description of a bio-security set up and explain why this is important to the individual producer and to the industry as a whole.
4. What do you feel is the sheep industry’s greatest weakness and therefore our greatest challenge and how would you change that if you could?
• Articles should be a minimum of 500 words in length
• You may include picture, diagrams…etc
• Be creative and enjoy this learning opportunity
• Your submissions will be judged on creativity as well as content
• Your name will be removed from your submission before being judged to keep submissions anonymous
• Top articles will be published in the Ontario Sheep News Magazine
Please include the application form
with your entry.
For more information, please contact OSMA at: